Monday, December 11, 2017

Work work work

I'm very fortunate to have a job that keeps me BUSY. As you know, I am a clinical social worker (not without her own problems :P!) and I spend most of my day providing therapy to and interacting with my clients and coworkers. I know to always keep myself in check and to practice all that I preach and teach. I've been taking a lot of deep breaths today. I've also been teaching deep breathing to my clients a lot today. I noticed that I have been more focused on teaching clients specific techniques/ skills and providing psychoeducation lately. I like to help them problem-solve as I try to do so in my own life.  I have an hour break in between clients now, and I can't stop thinking about what the heck I want to do with my life now that he is not in it. I'm actually very confused and don't know how to separate my voice (wants, needs, and interests) from the the voice of others'. I am debating going for a PhD in psychology, Executive MBA/ MS for healthcare, or just continuing on with my LCSW and other trainings and certifications/specializations. I wish there was a "how-to" guide to my life. I know that I want more. I want a lot and I have a high level of energy to succeed. But where to direct it to?

No comments:

Post a Comment