Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Birthday wishes and therapy thoughts

Although I feel somewhat like crap here-and-there today and missing him, I do experience moments of bliss and joy from people who care about me that send me well wishes and vibes. I can't get over how truly stormy emotions can be, as a first-hand observer. They go from tropical storms, to hurricanes, to tropical depressions, to sunny days on the beach...and in no set order. Sometimes they feel intolerable, other times they feel tolerable. Just like a difficult yoga pose or a difficult workout, I know I can persevere through the sometimes extraordinarily painful. Other times I need to give myself a time-out to catch a breather, take a child's pose, or have a sip of water--feel the effects of my journey and my process. Mental health is so confusing, with so many contributing factors-- it is not an exact science or clearly understood. Hell, this shit is so hard to figure out that us therapists should get paid a lot more than we are trying to help people navigate and make sense of their lives as we try to do the same. It's really quite an abstract concept and topic, yet it essentially comprises of all of our beings. #Whatisthemeaningoflife

No comments:

Post a Comment