Wednesday, December 6, 2017

This too shall pass

So today I'm having a bit of a weird and anxious day. I had some wild upsetting dreams last night. I looked up their meanings, which actually made a lot of sense to me at this time. After the breakup I have been having recurring  dreams about the breakup and challenges I was experiencing in the relationship. On top of the weird dreams, I woke up too late and was almost an hour late to work (which is totally unlike me). This would have never flied if I had a set client first thing in the morning. TG it was an intake day for me, which means it is OK that I got in to work later. I'm feeling anxious because I have spent most of my day trying to figure out my schedule and vacation time now that I will not be going on vacation in mid December, like I had planned with my boyfriend. I'm scrambling trying to rollover vacation days, getting reimbursed for a seminar, and only taking half days here and there to lower the number of excess days I have to roll over for next year. I'm stressed about this...as if a breakup isn't hard enough already. I feel like my mind is going a mile a minute. I go from feeling depressed to feeling anxious. I'm trying to tell myself that these dreams are simply a way that my unconscious is trying to process and work through the loss I recently have experienced. I have wonderful friends and family helping me through this time. I am forever grateful for their love and support. My coworker went out of her way to see how I was feeling, and guess what? She is in a similar situation to my own! We exchanged numbers. Another person in my support system! I'm a lucky girl. My apartment is a mess and I have so much to do in it...my laundry has not been done in weeks, I was late to work, I'm behind on my notes. My anxiety and depression are swirling around my head. But that is OK. This too shall pass. I am planning to go to my yoga studio with my friend tonight to talk with her and to take a class. I felt my entire body shaking during the first (and only) yoga class I've attended since the breakup. It felt as if my physical and emotional damage from that experience was just trying to release. I know I still store it inside of me, along with the effects of my past emotional wounds. I'm looking forward to mindfully moving and talking with a true friend. I'm also planning to sign up for a seminar on trauma and attachment next week (when I would have been on vacation). I'm trying to keep busy, surround myself by loved ones. I just sent the final text to him and reminded him about coming to pick up his items. Just shed a couple tears, but need to keep chugging along through the rest of my day. I am no longer mad. We had peaceful text exchanges and there is still a lot of love between us. This is all part of the process, perhaps a more intense process when you account for the depression, anxiety, and codependency. I am working this out. I am healing. I am growing into a better person.
Wearing my rose quartz mala beads (for the heart chakra/ self-love and compassion) and my St. Anthony bracelet to remind myself to be gentle with myself while I heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment