Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Starting the Healing Process

This is my first ever post on this blog! Thank you for taking the time to visit. It's really quite interesting as an objective therapist and traumatizing as an adult with a history of childhood trauma to experience a sudden acutely stressful life experience. When horrible things happen in your life, you may realize you were not as far along in healing or individuation than you thought you were. I know I felt this way and continue to do so. My extemely strong negative reaction was a major wakeup call for me to change my ways. I am really interested in learning the psychology behind ACE's (Adverse Childhood Experiences) and how such victims act as adults...and most importantly how we can fix it. Often children who have experienced trauma/ ACE's become codependent. The best definitions of codependent I have come across is from Dictionary.com:

adjective

1.
of or relating to a relationship in which one person is physically or psychologically addicted...and the other person is psychologically dependent on the first in an unhealthy way.
noun
2.
one who is codependent or in a codependent relationship.

Good thing is that you can recover from it! Doing so requires lots of patience, love, and acceptance from yourself and from your loved ones. I haven't recovered yet, which is why I want to share with you my journey towards healing and to keep the positivity and hope. Goodnight! <3


 Just some of my healing goals/tasks/books. Should keep me pretty busy for the next couple of months. I want to soak in all of the knowledge and healing I can! Not pictured: Codependent--Now What by Lisa A. Romano.


No comments:

Post a Comment