Sunday, December 10, 2017

Don't hate, sublimate!

So I was feeling really upset, angry, and anxious for the majority of my day. (as you all know)  I decided to do something about it and go to the gym. I haven't run as hard or as far as I did today in a long time. I returned home and felt myself getting upset again...but I had to shower, eat, and make dinner for the week (ground chicken doesn't last forever!). Getting your heart broken or getting upset never comes at a convenient time. I used my shower-time to relax and regroup and I absolutely killed adulting for the rest of the night. I had a lot of negative bad energy inside of me (this thing called anxiety), but I consciously decided to transform this self-loathing to envisioning my future,  editing my Linkedin for future opportunities and adding connections. I can create my future now, independent of our "plan" or his or his family's expectations. Since I'm not focused on him and approval from others, I can now focus on my future and what I want for myself in this life. I am a person with a high level of energy and realize I need to be careful of where I place it. I learned about the defense mechanism of sublimation back when I was studying psychology in high school. I find that this is something I do often and am proud of turning such unproductive thoughts, feelings, and behavior to those that are productive and beneficial to me and my future.  #addmeonLinkedin Goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment