Friday, December 8, 2017

Frozen Veggie Lasagna Wisdom

I'm eating my dinner now at 11:30 PM because I had a yoga class, gym session, and had to shower at the gym because my tub was just refurnished. When I got back home, I had a long phone conversation with him. It just ended. I cried (as expected), tried to talk things through, process, and figure things out. I feel some closure. I feel like I'm going to be OK. I feel like I am already OK. This pleasantly surprises me. Just because I emote does not mean I am flying off the handle. I am self-regulating and simply feeling.  He has my best interests in mind and I agree that we both need to be alone for some time to figure ourselves out. We may meet again, we may not. I have to surrender to the unpredictable possibility of either. I miss him dearly and genuinely hope for the best for him. We continue to love each other. However, I do realize that love is not the only thing you need. I want to get to a place where I am making decisions for myself re: career, education, and interests for ME (no outside influences). I also want to feel good about me. I get glimpses of this feeling here-and-there and it feels pretty sweet! I want to be whole. I want to be able to better self-regulate. I want to be a self. I guess the only way to be one is to be one! I must be open to the opportunities that lie ahead. I have to change my mindset and need to work hard. If I cannot change, then how can I be an effective therapist in helping others change? I think you and I already know the answer to this one. I KNOW that I can..for ME. I just have to do my healing work, keep on chugging along, and learn about me! As for now, I plan to do a little self-soothing by munching on a yummy peppermint chocolate dessert from Trader Joe's and drinking some tea. As for tomorrow morning, I have to wake up before 9 for that snowy yoga session! Just gotta keep it moving and #loveyoself. Also #treatyoself. I'm super excited to receive my Rodan and Fields skincare regimen, ring, and funky new yoga pants in the mail in the next couple days! #swag

No comments:

Post a Comment