Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Well that was an unexpected turnaround

I woke up feeling absolutely horrible this morning. Shaky, anxious, borderline panic attacky and overall sad and angry about a long-winded string of saved texts and memories I sent to him last night and reviewed to myself this morning before deleting them. This morning I felt like I couldn't go on with my day or my life. It's such a paralyzing feeling...so I did something about it. Manually got myself out of bed, did some reading,  watched some inspirtational TED talks, did some journaling, and then I took my ass to a yoga class by the river. My mood and perspective completely changed since I walked into a peaceful room full of very supportive yogis (I lucked out this class and even got some chocolate at the end!). I told introduced myself and told them my life is a mess...they embraced me, saying "join the club!"  It is most necessary to keep busy and to surround yourself with others often. No, I won't forget about my sadness among other feelings (in case anyone was wondering), but at least I can replace a thought here-and-there with me and not him or negative feelinfs. Now I'm going to try to keep it moving and try not to dwell on anything that may throw me off-course. I'd really love to develop some type of structured program for people in similar situations to my own right now, or even better, a prevention type of program so that little kids don't end up feeling like I am feeling as an adult. I am also extremely fortunate to have the money to take yoga classes, go to private therapy, engage in meditation, be exposed to technology and education, and treat myself to gifts from the heart. I'm having a hunch with this field of self-care. Maybe I'll take it somewhere someday. Maybe I'll become even better.   



No comments:

Post a Comment