Tuesday, December 19, 2017

A birthday prayer


I am missing him today more than most days and missing how special and loved he would make me feel. Now it's as if we don't even know each other. I have mixed feelings about whether I want to hear from him, though I told him I didn't. I am angry; I feel betrayed. However; luckily, I have a lot more going for me than just a (now ex-) boyfriend. However, this boyfriend was the love of my life. I acknowledge that no one can replace him or our memories together. On the same token, no one can replace my friends, family, coworkers, and even former clients who have reached out to me today.  My 26th year of life crushed some dreams for me, hurt my self-esteem (perhaps even my tear ducts), and made me question literally every aspect of myself. I allowed myself to go through a lot of crap...for love, and it didn't work out. I have learned countless lessons from that year alone. Here is to new beginnings with the people in my life who have stuck with me through thick and thin. I can't thank you all enough for your love, support, and presence. Here's to 27! 

No comments:

Post a Comment